Coronavirus Information and Precautions
Effective, May 4, 2020, the Contact Lens and Optical departments will re-open. We will slowly begin to see additional patients requiring care that is not postoperative or urgent. However, we are uncertain when the office can open to its pre-COVID 19 capacity and will not offer Saturday appointments at this time. You will be contacted if you have an appointment or surgery scheduled in the coming weeks. We ask for your patience as we take measures to keep everyone safe. Due to the ongoing effect of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in our local communities, you may notice changes at our practices. We will be following the CDC recommendations and implementing necessary precautions to prevent the spread as best we can and keep our patients, families, staff, and providers safe. Some of these safety measures include:
- Pre-visit screening questionnaire about contact with known COVID-19 cases and symptoms of illness.
- The use of virtual waiting rooms- after completion of check-in at the kiosk, you will be asked to wait in your car. We will text you when the doctor/technician is ready for you.
- We ask that anyone not receiving care, please remain in the car.
- If sick or experiencing a fever, we will ask you to reschedule non-urgent appointments.
- Our staff will wear personal protective equipment ( PPE), which can include masks, gloves, and gowns when appropriate. If you have a mask, we ask that you also wear a mask while visiting us.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning throughout our facility.
As always, please contact us if you have any questions or concerns. To stay on top of the latest developments in the spread of COVID-19, visit the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s website.
Questions & Concerns
If you have questions concerning the virus and our protocols, please reach out to: